postgres occupies more space than mysql???

Shashi Gireddy gireddy at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 4 12:08:59 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have my SF1 data on mysql database, i wnated to migrate to postgres
to get advantage of Postgis, I created a backup .sql file (whole data)
whose size is 8GB but its actual database size in mysql is 700MB (it
may be because insert into(bla,bla) values(bla, bla). but after i
migrated to postgres it occupied 7GB and it is damn slow(it took
42hours for postgres to insert and its still running may take about 3
more hours), can anybody suggest any idea how to reduce the size and
make it faster.

thanks alot in advance.

--
Shashi Kiran Reddy. Gireddy,