precompiled binary: Unhandled 'written' exception in NTDLL? mapserv40, windows 2k/XP IIS/Apache

Carsten M ünchenbach map at HYDRARGYRUM.DE
Mon Feb 7 04:35:07 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

Ed, thanks for your reply,

I installed the ws4w package on an windows xp system - it worked.

Then I took the mapserv_44.exe from the current ws4w-package and overwrote
the mapserv.exe distributed as the current windows binary - it works!

As far as I can see the mapserv.exe has been corrupt.

Carsten

>Carsten -
>
>I do not recognize this problem, but the three symptoms you list (mapserv
-v runs fine, "premature end of script header" message, and no temp file)
are commonly caused by lack of access to zlib.dll.  Make sure that file is
installed and someplace MapServer can find it.

>     - Ed
>
>Ed McNierney
>TopoZone.com

Behalf Of Carsten Münchenbach