WFS GetFeature and PropertyIsLike Filter

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Feb 7 17:07:45 EST 2005

Tom,

  I just tried mapserver cvs with my test data and It seems to work. I
would need data/map file from you to work on this (either directly to me
or even better through a bug).

Later,

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am able to run a GetFeature on a given feature type with filter
> PropertyIsEqualTo:
>
> http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/eccat?version=1.0.0&service=WFS&re
> quest=GetFeature&typename=service_endpoints&filter=<Filter><PropertyIsEq
> ualTo><PropertyName>contact_country</PropertyName><Literal>Canada</Liter
> al></PropertyIsEqualTo></Filter>&
>
> When I attempt to run with filter PropertyIsLike:
>
> http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/eccat?version=1.0.0&service=WFS&re
> quest=GetFeature&typename=service_endpoints&filter=<Filter><PropertyIsLi
> ke wildcard="*" singlechar="."
> escape="!"><PropertyName>keywords</PropertyName><Literal>*water*</Litera
> l></PropertyIsLike></Filter>&
>
> I get no results back.
>
> When I re-attempt the PropertyIsLike request with no wildcards in the
> Literal:
>
> http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/eccat?version=1.0.0&service=WFS&re
> quest=GetFeature&typename=service_endpoints&filter=<Filter><PropertyIsLi
> ke wildcard="*" singlechar="."
> escape="!"><PropertyName>keywords</PropertyName><Literal>water</Literal>
> </PropertyIsLike></Filter>&
>
> It works.  So then I think that the PropertyIsLike attributes are not
> needed since the previous command works.  When I run it:
>
> http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/eccat?version=1.0.0&service=WFS&re
> quest=GetFeature&typename=service_endpoints&filter=<Filter><PropertyIsLi
> ke><PropertyName>keywords</PropertyName><Literal>water</Literal></Proper
> tyIsLike></Filter>&
>
> It doesn't work.
>
> I'm confused.  The attributes or PropertyIsLike seem to be required to
> execute, however they don't work when applied?
>
> ..Tom

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca