Annotation location on lines

Douglas K. Rand rand at MERIDIAN-ENVIRO.COM
Mon Feb 7 18:15:27 EST 2005

Simply as a reference on a map, I'm trying to put interstates on the
image. Mapserver seems to only want to put the interstate badges in
one, and only one, location, which is obscured by a city name. If I
turn off city names, I get the interstate badge. When I turn on city
name annotations the badge doesn't get displayed, even though there is
plenty of space on the image for the badge to be drawn at other
locations along the line. My shapefile has interstates as a single
line.