Mapserver bug?

Murilo Lacerda Yoshida murilo.yoshida at AGX.COM.BR
Wed Feb 9 12:17:58 EST 2005

  Hi all,
  I have the same problem as Jeff, but I am NOT using mapscript pre-loaded, and
I'm lost... I saw the bug, the last post on it said that there was reports that
that bug was still happening on mapserver 4.4 period.
  What to do? I'm thinking in changing my php back to cgi and wait the bug to be
solved ... But I'm not yet sure that this is a mapserver bug ... everything
points to it, but could be something else...
  Thanks,
    Murilo

---------------------
I've fixed the problem now, thanks very much for the pointer to that bug. I am
running php as a module as you said, however if I try to run in CGI mode I get
a mapscript error saying that this build can't run in CGI mode
due to stability issues.   So I have no choice but to run it as a module.
However, I read the bug report you gave me and somebody reported that hte
problem went away if you did not pre-load mapscript.so in your php.ini. Others
said that the problem persisted either way, but I gave it a try myself... I
took out the extension=php_mapscript.so  line out of my php.ini and added the
"ld php_mapscript.so" line to my scripts and now they work perfectly.

Thanks very much!

Jeff