Mapserv.exe under Apache doesn't finish requests

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 18 08:27:28 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:52:31 +0100, Dijken, M. van (Martin)
<Martin.van.Dijken at rijnmond.politie.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed fwtools binary of mapserv. After a few environment mistakes,
> mapserv loads ok. When I browse to a map with a wfs layer, I see mapserv
> writing files in my cache directory. The browser however stays on "loading"
> and never actually displays an image. When I reload the page I get an error
> saying the gml files are corrupt, which they now are. Mapserv somehow seems
> to load only part of the GML into a file.

Martin,

Is the WFS you are operating against public?  If so, I would encourage
you to prepare a minimal map that demonstrates your problem so that
others can reproduce it and possibly fix it.  If you boil it down, you
may need to submit it via bugzilla.

I will note that there are limitations on MapServers (aka OGR's) GML
reader.  Perhaps the WFS server is returning a GML result that is
unreadable to OGR?

Best regards,