Polygon clockwies counter clockwies repair

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 18 16:10:51 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:24:45 -0500, Aaron D. Hunt <hunt at zedxinc.com> wrote:
> The files we make will display fine in mapserver, but some out programs
> we run into do not hand it very well. We use mapscript to wright out the
> shapefile, sould it be taken care of on save?

Aaron,

You ask if it *should* be taken care of on save.  That might be
desirable but it would be up to you to ensure correct winding
in your mapscript script.  The mapserver code code does not
make any attempt to ensure proper winding order, and I am not
convinced it ought to.

You original question asked if there was something that could
be used to fixup shapefiles on linux.  That is why I suggested
ogr2ogr.

Best regards,