search tool

Kristjan Annus kristjan at TARKVARASTUUDIO.EE
Tue Feb 22 07:21:46 EST 2005

Hi  Wouter

I'll send you this PHP code. But since it is from a larger application
I deleted the lines wich are not about the subject.

1.In first call user submits a search string and gets
a list of matching addresses as links.

    $dbase_identifier = dbase_open( '/mapserv/data/tartu_region.dbf', 0);

    $db_records = dbase_numrecords( $dbase_identifier);
    $jj = 0;
    for ($ii=1;$ii<=$db_records;$ii++) {
    $kirje = dbase_get_record_with_names( $dbase_identifier, $ii);

    if ( !(strpos( strtoupper ( $kirje['ADDRESS']),strtoupper (
$_GET["SEARCH_STR"]))===false) ) {
        $jj = $jj + 1;
        print ' <a
href="map.phtml?lk=1&rc='.$ii.'&title='.trim($kirje['ADDRESS']).'">
$kirje['ADDRESS']</a>';
    }
    }

    dbase_close( $dbase_identifier);

2.When user clicks on the address the new call is made to the mapping
program with an
record number of the address in DBF as a parameter. Then the
corresponding shape is
filtered out and map extents are set to show this address. I have to
note that in my case
the address means the boundary of the land parcel with corresponding name.

$shpfileobj = ms_newShapefileObj( '/mapserv/data/tartu_region.shp', -1);
$shapeObj = $shpfileobj->getShape( $_GET["rc"]-1 );

$map->extent->setextent(
$shapeObj->bounds->minx,$shapeObj->bounds->miny,$shapeObj->bounds->maxx,$shapeObj->bounds->maxy);

I hope it helps you somehow.

Kristjan