compiling Gdal in Cygwin

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Tue Feb 22 18:56:40 EST 2005

Hi all,

I know someone has probably asked this once, but... are there any instructions on how to compile Gdal using Cygwin? I once spent a day trying, but gave up when the errors got too exotic. The problems I ran into were mostly about it not detecting my platform. I modified the GDALmake.opt file, trying to hardcode it to win32 related settings, but in the end I gave up.

Reason I'm trying this is that I'm desperate for a gdal dll that supports mrsid and ecw. I've got one that does either, but not both...... Unfortunately, I haven't got any other platform for compiling. I'm not particularly experienced in compiling, but if I know it's possible in cygwin, I won't give up.

regards,

Jacob

JACOB DELFOS
SPATIAL INFORMATION ANALYST