Image Resolution

Holger Flörke floerke at DOCTRONIC.DE
Fri Feb 25 07:23:33 EST 2005

Hi Benoît,

I was faced with the same task: rendering high resolution images of maps
for printing. The "resolution" value within the mapfile is only for the
computation of the scale necessary. I ended with a php/mapscript script
that increases the pixel width and height of the map and increase also all
size/minsize/maxsize values of the map before drawing.

The result is a *big* gif-image. The last drawback is, I couldn't set the
right resolution to the image.

HolgeR

--
holger floerke                      d  o  c  t  r  o  n  i  c
email floerke at doctronic.de          information publishing + retrieval