Itasca 3.5 Demo Error on Mapserver 4.4.1

V P vprak at APPSCI.COM
Fri Feb 25 11:44:23 EST 2005

Hi, I've sucessfully downloaded and installed the pre-compiled Mapserver
4.4.1 for win 2k. At the moment, I'm testing the Itasca 3.5 Demo with it. I
downloaded it and made the necessary changes to the demo_init.html page and
the demo.map file as indicated in the readme file. I run the test and
the 'Map Server Demo Interface' page loads up properly. My problem is when
I go to click the 'Initialize' button. I get this error..

getString(): Symbol definition error. Duplicate item (NAME):(line 381)

I go to the demo.map file to like 381. Both line 380 and 381 have NAME
items..

LAYER
  NAME mcd90py2_anno
  NAME cities
  TYPE ANNOTATION....

I tried commenting out (#) The first, saved, and ran the test...error. Then
I switched it..commented the second instead.. same error. Then tried
commenting both.. and even that whole layer class. Same error. Tried
renaming the second NAME to GROUP like in the other layers. No luck. Dialog
error reads..

The instruction at '0x77f88216' referenced memory at '0x00000010'. The
memory could not be 'written'. Click on Ok to terminate or Cancel to debug.

I hit okay, I get a page that reads..

'CGI error message.'The specified CGI application misbehaved by not
returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

I hit cancel, nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure my IIS is configured properly. I get the 'No Query...'
message when I run the http://localhost/../mapserv.exe link. I really need
help. I was told to try a 'Kitchen Sink' version or a previous version. The
link to the kitchen sink version is 'protected' and other links of that
page are broken..(http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/).. is there a
precompiled version of 4.4.0 that I can get somewhere. I've had no luck
searching on the MN mapserver site. Only 4.4.1 precompiles. Please anyone.
If you can help debug this problem, thanks so much.