Dot density maps

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Fri Feb 25 11:57:22 EST 2005

Or you could use a range of symbols to fill the polygons with
increasing size of the symbol envelope for decreasing density.
Theoretically, that is, I haven't tried it.

There is also an enhancement bug filed in Bugzilla for style-level
transparency which would let you use ranges of solid fill transparency
for your classes.  I've got a customer that will need this eventually,
so I might start on it this spring or summer.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies