Itasca 3.5 Demo Error on Mapserver 4.4.1

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 28 00:58:34 EST 2005

Hi V, David,

After discussing this problem in a couple messages last week, I
upgraded from mapserver 4.2 to 4.4.1 myself using the windows binary
available on the mapserver homepage.

I ended up stuck with the same problem.

I am no programmer, but Here's what I noticed:

The version from the mapserver homepage is a small .exe that requires
all the separate dll's,  the dll versions are different from those of
the previous mapserver versions.  MapServer 4.2 would not run using
the new dll's, itself giving the same http header error encountered
when trying to run 4.4.1. ... Are we back to some kind of dll problem?

Regardless,  go to www.maptools.org/dl  and get their version of
4.4.1.  use the mapserv.exe that comes with it and the dll's that are
in the zip files contained within the main zip file you download.

This version is a larger .exe that rellies on fewer dll's ... and on
two separate installations so far IT WORKS!

1st installation: windows 2000
2nd installation: windows xp sp1

Have Fun
Ken Lord