Please Help me....How use a combo box to query a shp file and zoom to selected element

Dott. Stefano Albanese alba75 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 28 15:50:15 EST 2005

Hi everybody,
hi hope u can help me in solving my troubles.
I'd like to add to my html file (where map is shown) a combo box storing names of a column in dbf file and to add the function of zooming to selected elements clicking on a "go button".
I know it has to be an easy procedure for expert users, but i'm new user so it would be nice from u if u want to help me.
I tryed some demos i found on the net but i wasn't able to solve.
So could u help me replying with some comments on how i can make this?
I will post u my codes, so that u can easily give me your solution to my problem.
I used to compile project the avein plugin for arcview.
The map shows a poligon theme where each poligon corrispond to the boundaries of towns (comuni) in an italian region. I would be able to search each town just clicking on its name in he combobox and to see the poligon zoomed and highlighted in red.
The shape file used is called "campanianew.shp"
Anyways if u want help me i can send to u a zip file with complete project.
Thanx in advance.
NB.

I posted this request few hours ago.

U can read there also contents of files i used.

Dott. Geol. Stefano Albanese
     Via S. Giacomo 6
     83022 Baiano (AV)
          Italia