Pixmap symbols with Oracle SDO_POINT not showing on the map

Marc Jacquin marc.jacquin at GEOSYS.COM
Mon Jan 3 06:25:53 EST 2005

Hi Mapserver Users,

First of all : happy new year to everyone.

I am using the DM solution 4.3 windows binaries

MapServer version 4.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=W

MS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL INPUT=OG

R INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I have several layers (polygon and point type) in Oracle 10G SDO. Polygon
layers are displayed correctly. But point layers using PNG pixmap are not
displayed.

The only symptom appears in the MS_ERROR_FILE  is “Mon Jan 03 10:28:18
2005 - msBuildPath: Unable to access file.”

The map file contains Symbol definition like :

SYMBOL

      NAME “symbolname”

      TYPE PIXMAP

      IMAGE “absolute path to image.png”

END

And point layer definition looks like :

  LAYER

    CONNECTION "something/pass at connection"

    CONNECTIONTYPE ORACLESPATIAL

    DATA "GEOMETRY FROM (select geometry from jalon where idfarmdata
='2952')"

    NAME "JALON"

    PROJECTION

      "init=epsg:27582"

    END

    SIZEUNITS PIXELS

    STATUS ON

    TOLERANCE 3

    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS

    TYPE POINT

    UNITS METERS

    CLASS

      MAXSIZE 100

      MINSIZE 1

      SIZE 1

      SYMBOL symnolname or symbol number (>1) or relative path to the png
file from the map file

    END

  END

The SQL statement returns a valid geometry : SDO_GEOMETRY(2001, 41014,
SDO_POINT_TYPE(630146.808, 2583979.93, 0), NULL, NULL).

I tried to change the png file path but I still get the same error.

Any idea ?

Marc