more than one oraclespatial connection

Merlijn Simonse m.simonse at VICREA.NL
Thu Jan 6 07:28:58 EST 2005

Hi Fernando and Bart,

I tried all your hints and alternatives. In SQLPlus all queries do give
the right result.
What I discovered is that sometimes I can get more than one layer from
oracle, but not always. At one moment I did get a map when I commented out
the NAME attribute in the CLASS item???!! I don't suppose the CLASS item
has anything to do with the connection, but all these strange things don't
happen when I use OGR to connect to Oracle.

I write the geometries Oracle myself, can it have anything to do with
that? The GTYPE is a COLLECTION because points, lines and polygons are all
written in the same table. The FILTER in my layer only returns one GTYPE
This is how I make the Index in Oracle:
CREATE INDEX X_LOCATIE_GEOM ON LOCATIE (GEOM) INDEXTYPE IS
    MDSYS.SPATIAL_INDEX PARAMETERS (' SDO_INDX_DIMS=2
    LAYER_GTYPE="COLLECTION" SDO_COMMIT_INTERVAL=100
TABLESPACE=FENF_INDEX');

Kind regards, Merlijn