Mapserver character encoding howto

Wed Jan 12 11:29:31 EST 2005

Hi all,

I just downloaded mapserver 4.4.1 and I see there are reference to
support for i18n character encoding. Is there anything special that I
need to do to make use of it?

The problem I am having is that accented in eastern European countries
do not seem to be displaying correctly, like I am getting the words by
they have capital A-accent, capital U-accent and capital O-accent, etc
within the words where I would at least expect a lower cases char.

Like the following only the capital vowels are accented:

JOzsef, LAsziO, StefAna, MAria, MUzeum KOr Ut

This might be a font problem, but I have tried a UTF-8 font and a
Unicode font in ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2

Any help would be appreciated.

-Steve W.