Crash on querying Oracle Spatial Layers

Francesco Sozzi fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH
Thu Jan 13 05:54:03 EST 2005

Hi Fernando,

I have troubles on querying Oracle Spatial Layer.
If I use QueryByPoint or QueryByAttribute on an Oracle Layer, Mapserver
crashes generating an application error.
Have you any suggestions?...

I use the following configuartion:
- Mapserver 4.4.1 win32 compiled by me (I did not find a precompiled version
with both Oracle and PHP dll)
- Oracle Enterprise Edition 9
- IIS
- Windows XP

I defined a simple point layer as:

LAYER
  NAME "test"
  TYPE POINT
  CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
  CONNECTION "ti_manufatti/avs at franz"
  DATA "GEOM FROM (SELECT fid, dist, geom FROM ic_kuba_manufatti) USING
UNIQUE fid"
  STATUS DEFAULT

  CLASS
    NAME "Default"
    COLOR 0 0 0
    TEMPLATE "templates/default.html"
  END
END

And I tried from PHP/Mapscript to do ($pointSubmitted is got in
coordinates):

//get layer
$layer=$gMap->getLayerByName("select");

//query test 1
$qresult = $layer->queryByPoint($pointSubmitted, MS_MULTIPLE, 10);

//query test 2
$qresult = $layer->queryByAttributes("dist", "dist > 0", MS_MULTIPLE);

Best regards

Francesco