MapServer Binaries with SDE support?

Peter.VonGaza Peter.VonGaza at GOV.YK.CA
Thu Jan 13 22:21:35 EST 2005

Hi Brock,

Thanks for you information.

I installed the files from the zip. The readme.txt says to go to
www.fastcgi.com to get mod_fastcgi.so. The only file that I could
Find was in the "old" directory:

http://www.fastcgi.com/dist/old/mod_fastcgi-2.4.0-AP2.so

So I just grab that and renamed it "mod_fastcgi.so". Is there
Another file somewhere else?

At the command prompt "mapserv -v" gives me:
MapServer version 4.5 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=FASTCGI INPUT=SDE
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

Looks OK to me.

My old MapServer apps come up fine, but I still can't display an ArcSDE
Layer. How do I tell if it my connection string or something else. I
Figure it must be my connection string. I am trying something like this:

  LAYER
    NAME "SDE URN"
    STATUS ON
    DATA "BASEA.URN,SHAPE,SDE.DEFAULT"
    TYPE LINE
    CONNECTIONTYPE SDE
    CONNECTION "mysde.gov.yk.ca,port:5151,sde,username,password"
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    CLASS
      NAME "SDE Roads"
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 0
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 255 0
        SIZE 1
        MINSIZE 1
        MAXSIZE 100
      END
    END
  END

The only variable that could be wrong is "sde". We leave the Database
Field blank when connecting in ArcCatalog. I've tried "null", ' ', and
"sde". Where to I start? How do I tell if I am hitting our ArcSDE?

Thanks,
Peter