mapserver cluster?

Fri Jan 14 14:55:15 EST 2005

Mike Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>  I just put together a 5 machine freebsd cluster, using the lam (local
> area multicomputer)
> package, which includes MPI libraries, etc. I would like to test it with
> mapserver.
>
>  Has anybody setup mapserver to do distributed rendering of vector maps?
> Does mapserver contain
> any MPI interfaces?

I don't think mapserver contains MPI interfaces.

But I have worked with mapserver clustered at a couple of different
sites. Typical all request come into a load balancer that then farms the
request to one of the servers in the cluster for processing. This can be
done by sending a redirect to the browser or by setting up a proxy that
forwards the requests to the appropriate server transparent to the client.

-Steve