Pass information from CGI through Map file to OVF file and do a SQL Where

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 14 17:58:53 EST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:50:41 -0800 (PST), Todd Birkenholtz
<toddbirkey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you Frank.
> I have tried the %variable% method to get the variable into the Map file but
> my OVF file is external to the MAP file.
>
> I can not get the variables into the OVF file
>
> Now if I only could get the OVF inline with the MAP file I think I could get
> it to work.

Todd,

I think the problem is that you have newlines in the
OVF definition in the mapfile.  When including it
directly you have to be very careful about escaping things
properly and following syntax rules.  I don't think you can
have newlines in a string constant in a mapfile.

Best regards,