Labels in two renderings of the same map ?

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Tue Jan 18 11:56:19 EST 2005

It sounds like the label cache is empty by the time the second image is
rendered.
Have you tried to render the second image from a second map object?

Lowell

The following message was sent by "Lars V. Nielsen (GisPro)"
<LVN at GISPRO.DK> on Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:12:20 +0100.

> I've been asked to generate a map with an insert, i.e. adding a small
area with a larger scale in the corner of the map.

> I've accomplished it by performing two renderings of the same map, the
second rendering after setting a smaller width/height and a
> fixed extent, and using GD2 to merge the two images appropriately.
This works perfectly.

> However, I've sofar been unable to get labels to display in the small
insert image. They show up perfectly in the main/large image.

> I don't turn any layers on/off between the two renderings, and I don't
have any label min/max scale settings in place for this
> labelling layer (which btw. is an OVF layer).
>
> I suspect that it's an issue connected with the label cache. I've
tried to add LABELCACHE OFF to the labelling layer and remove the
> commands $map->drawLabelCache() from my code, but it makes no
difference at all: the labels only (and always!) appear in the main
> window.
>
> If anyone has come up with a way to control labels in two map
renderings, I'll be delighted to know.