Help on setting LCC projection in Mapserver

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at EC.GC.CA
Wed Jan 19 13:27:21 EST 2005

Hi,

You have mush more chance of reply by sending your question directly to the mapserver list (MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU)

Check if your epsg file contain this line :
# Canada Lambert Conformal Conic
<102002> +proj=lcc +lat_1=50 +lat_2=70 +lat_0=40 +lon_0=-96 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +units=m  no_defs <>

Greetings,

Nicolas

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Henry Han [mailto:hhan at geotango.com]
Envoyé : Wednesday, January 19, 2005 1:20 PM
À : Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy]
Objet : Help on setting LCC projection in Mapserver

Hi,
I am using MapServer to publish some LCC based vector layers, but it seems that Mapserver does not recognize such layers. I searched goole and found that you have solved the problem. Can you tell me what is wrong with my setting and how to correct it?
In the map , I inlude:
PROJECTION
    "init=EPSG:102002"
END
Then map server returns "msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. projection not named " in the browser
Thanks a lot
Geomatics Software Engineer
GeoTango International Corp.
4850 Keele Street, Toronto, Canada M3J3K1
Email: hhan at geotango.com