convert grid to polygon without smooth

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Wed Jan 19 23:51:03 EST 2005

Ma,

Your grid is of a very low resolution compared to the precision you want to get out of the polygon file. The reason it smooths them is because it assumed your features are not really square in nature, and it tries to compensate for that.

I am quite sure that if you increase the resolution of your grid (simply by blowing it up), it will fix the problem to a large extent. If you fit 10 pixels in every pixel you have now, it will not cut across all those 10 pixels.

regards,

Jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Ma
Sent: 20 January 2005 12:16
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] convert grid to polygon without smooth

Dear All,

I'm trying to convert grid theme to polygon theme but ArcView 3.2a is
doing this with some smooth by default ( see the attached image or
http://geocities.com/gislandia/grid2poly/grid-to-poly-with-smooth.jpg ).
Is it possible to convert grid theme to polygon theme without smooth in
the way that the output polygon theme has the same shape and the same
area size as the input grid theme?

Thank you,
--
Ma