Will dBox work with Client-Side Image Maps? I'm having trouble with this.

Bob Bruce - Programmer covariance at SHAW.CA
Sat Jan 22 09:51:15 EST 2005

Hi:
        I am developing a website where I want to have a client side image
map and also use the dBox JavaScript classes to control map manipulation.
Right now it works in IE but when I move the cursor over the hotspots on the
image then IE displays a JavaScript error on the status bar ("Error on
age"  - not too informative, eh?) but it does actually do the
onMouseOver/onMouseOut actions. Unfortunately the other browsers that I've
tried: Firefox, Netscape won't do the client-side image map functions
although they will do the dBox functions.

    I had written my own zoom-box JavaScript functions before finding out
how easy dBox was to use, my stuff is a bit flakey (the zoom box function
doesn't drag the box reliably in all browsers) but it does work OK with the
client side image maps. So I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong in my
use of dBox.

the dBox version is at: http://www.hwps.ca/Mpages/indexMuralsMap.phtml
my own version is at: http://www.hwps.ca/Mpages/indexMuralsMapBobBox.phtml

thanks in advance for your help,