Configuring MapServer for IIS 6 / Windows 2003 server

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 24 23:04:28 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:50:46 -0500, Ed McNierney <ed at topozone.com> wrote:
<snip>

> The users who have trouble running MapServer under IIS 6 usually have
> problems because they don't know how IIS 6 works, not MapServer!

Ed always says something like that, and then I always post the
following two links:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/ca_enabledynamiccontent.asp
and
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/ca_configcgi.asp

Look at your IIS (and Active Directory) configuration, not at
mapserver, because the "problem" is with IIS. Ed's point is that it's
not really a "problem", it's an added level of complexity in
Win2003Server/IIS/AD.

Rich
--
Richard Greenwood