RES: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] php extensions

Murilo Lacerda Yoshida murilo.yoshida at AGX.COM.BR
Wed Jan 26 16:44:24 EST 2005

  Paul,
  The extension directory is set on the extension_dir variable on
php.ini.
  I don't remember exactly, but I guess that the php installation
doesn't create this directory. You have to create one and then set the
extension_dir to this directory, and then put your extensions in it.
  About gd, you can run configure --with-gd, and that will create the
php binary with the gd extension in it.
  If you use extension = <extension>.so, the extension has to be in the
extension directory.
  Hope that helps,
    Murilo

-----Mensagem original-----
De: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] Em
nome de Paul Smith
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2005 17:29
Para: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Assunto: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] php extensions

Hello All

I could do with help installing php. After running the configure script,
can't seem to find the extensions directory. I have read and re-read the
INSTALL file in the php distrib. I'd like to add extensions using the
extension = gd.so

Is it still necessary? If I run phpinfo() I don't see gd for instance.
php_Mapscript is there.
Where and how do I add extensions? Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
System

SUSE Linux Ent Server 9
Mapserver 4.4.1