Aggregate query

Benjamin Lloyd-Hughes blh at MSSL.UCL.AC.UK
Thu Jan 27 08:47:51 EST 2005

Hi

I'm using the cgi mapserver in NQUERY mode to extract values within a user
defined extent from a point shape file.  The query works fine in so much
that it returns the desired data and dumps this into the specifed template.
So far so good... But what I really want to obtain is the average of these
values.  I've been scratching my head and thought I might be able to do
something using the EVAL() javascript function but I've not had any joy.  I
would be very grateful I someone could point me in the direction of a
solution.

I'm a bit of a newbie so please be gentle - it just feels like this must be
the sort of problem people encounter all the time.

Cheers,

Ben