No subject

JEFFERY C COATE pawbhaji at MSN.COM
Thu Jan 27 11:58:10 EST 2005

Hi,  I'm a first-time poster.  Hope this makes sense:

I’d appreciate any ideas on calculating imgext in projected coordinates
around a lat/lon point.  Can mapserver project a DD imgext on the fly?  Or,
can I make a separate call to mapserver to project a lat/lon point prior to
building an imgext?  My limitation (one, anyway) is that I’m using basic cgi
mapserver at this point.

Here’s why I’m asking:  I have mapserver displaying gps points using OGR.  I
also display the gps and related data in tabular format.  Links in the table
zoom the map – the link passes the record’s lat/lon to a javascript function
which builds a new imgext around the point, passes that to the template file
and resubmits the cgi url.  This works great if map is in geographic
coordinates but not if it is projected.

Thanks,

Jeff Coate
GIS Rangers