Mapserver / Mysql

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Jan 31 11:04:00 EST 2005

Hi,
You can either use a Virtual Data Source to load MySQL data in MapServer
directly:
http://ogr.maptools.org/drv_vrt.html

Or dynamicly draw the points on your image using mapscript:
// (Example in PHP)
// Load the data from MySQL using PHP
// Then draw the map to get an imageObj
// Then:
$point = new pointObj();
$point->setXY($lon_from_mysql, $lat_from_mysql);
$point->draw($map, $layer, $img, $class, $label);
//Check
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/phpmapscript-class-guide.html#pointobj

Julien

Julien-Samuel Lacroix            jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca