[OT] Question on javascript

Wim Blanken w.blanken at GEON.NL
Wed Jun 1 11:52:09 EDT 2005

Hello Stephen,

Correct me if I am wrong I think you want to make sure that an enter does
not submit a form.
I use the following code for this and it works in ie and mozilla.

<script language="javascript"> function handleEnter (field, event) {
    var keyCode = event.keyCode ? event.keyCode : event.which ? event.which
: event.charCode;
	if (keyCode == 13) {
	  var i;
	  for (i = 0; i < field.form.elements.length; i++)
	    if (field == field.form.elements[i])
	      break;
	    i = (i + 1) % field.form.elements.length;
	    field.form.elements[i].focus();
	  return false;
  	  }
       else
    return true;
  }

following form-code in my html to use the function above....  <input size=15
type=text onkeypress="return handleEnter(this, event)" name=name>
Regards,Wim Blanken