Scale Buckets and Rasters

Travis Kirstine GIS Tech tkirstine at JDBARNES.COM
Thu Jun 2 16:07:47 EDT 2005

Hi,
I was hoping someone could give me some clarification on the PROCESSING
SCALE and SCALE BUCKETS directives.  I am displaying a classed 32bit
floating raster using the following:

	     	CLASS
	     		NAME class1
	     		EXPRESSION ([pixel] = 0)
	     		COLOR 56 168 0
	     	END
	     	CLASS
	     		NAME class2
	     		EXPRESSION ([pixel] >= 0 and [pixel] <= 2)
	     		COLOR 90 186 0
	     	END
	     	CLASS
	     		NAME class3
	     		EXPRESSION ([pixel] > 2 and [pixel] <= 4)
	     		COLOR 131 207 0
	     	END
			CLASS
	     		NAME class4
	     		EXPRESSION ([pixel] > 4 and [pixel] <= 5)
	     		COLOR 176 224 0
	     	END
	     	CLASS
	     		NAME class5
	     		EXPRESSION ([pixel] > 5 and [pixel] <= 7)
	     		COLOR 228 245 0
	     	END

		etc for 10 classes.............
This works but is fairly slow.  So I am trying to use the processing buckets
directive with the following syntax:

	     	PROCESSING "SCALE=0,444"  		#min and max values of raster
	     	PROCESSING "SCALE_BUCKETS=10"		#number of classes

When this is added mapserver only displays the higher values.  Does the
processing buckets directive only work on equal interval classes or do I
just have a incorrect syntax.
Travis