Fwd: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] multiple join - shp to dbf

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 3 08:48:47 EDT 2005

Alberto Gomez <agomez <at> CCCMM.CESGA.ES> writes:

> ok, i've got my mapserver and the shapefiles in the
> web server. I want to join a shapefile with a dbf file what is located in
> another server, so i have to get it trough '\\server\GIS\table.dbf'. That's my
> problem, with mapserver running in localhost it works great or when the dbf file
> is located in my HD, but when i try access from internet i get this error: (Z:
> disk is a mapping to a machine called 'server')
>

> msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. ExecuteSQL(SELECT
> fshape.*,fdbf.* FROM POLIGONOS fshape LEFT JOIN 'z:/GIS/ESZBAT.DBF'.ESZBAT fdbf
> ON fshape.POLIGONO = fdbf.POLIGONO) failed. Unable to open secondary
> datasource`z:/GIS/ESZBAT.DBF' required by JOIN.    I
> have tried with "\\server\gis..." but it no works. It seems to be a privileges
> problem as Emil advised to me and I've tried to change in IIS the IUSR_SERVER to
> access anonymously by a user who belongs to my domain, even with admin
> privileges, but with any result. What about folder
> permissions?    Any ideas?

You would have to give the IIS_USER_webServer user permissions on the "server".
The IIS _USER_machineName is not permitted access to any network resources by
default. So if you are running mapserver on "webServer" and the data file is on
"server", go to "server" and create a user "IIS_USER_webServer" with permissions
on the "GIS" directory.

A better solution would probably be to write a script to copy the DBF from
server to wedServer on a regularly scheduled basis.

Regards,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood