GPS Integration Recommendations?

Bill Binko bill at BINKO.NET
Sun Jun 5 23:13:34 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm considering a handheld GPS unit, and would like to be able to take the
maps I'm generating and send them down to the unit.  I've heard various
suggestions (mainly on IRC) about generating GPX straight from PostGIS and
things like that, but I was curious as to whether or not anyone here had
done this?

For example, Garmin has maps that you can load via MapSource.  Is there
any chance that I could generate those from the output of Mapserver?
Perhaps taking SVG output and applying a XSL transform?

I'm just playing with the idea right now, but it seems like something
someone here might have done.

Thanks for any input
Bill