time series representations in Mapserver

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Mon Jun 6 10:04:25 EDT 2005

I seem to remember an app, possibly by DM Solutions, to track West Nile Virus in Canada.  It was a few years ago, and I believe that it used animated .gif's.

David.

David Fawcett
Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance
david.fawcett at moea.state.mn.us
651.215.0200

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Gerry Creager N5JXS
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 6:40 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] time series representations in
Mapserver

OK... that's a start.  However, I'm looking at weather observations,
usually they're from fixed sites (well, excluding the storm chasers:-).
  I'm wondering if anything's been done for animation-ish stuff, so I
could display the temperature contours, or, for instance, a changing
landscape of wind barbs...

Thanks, Gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu