The same layer with different extent

Carlos Eduardo Sibaja Salazar carloseduardo at COSTARRICENSE.CR
Wed Jun 8 14:55:28 EDT 2005

In my application the user can choose a hotel from the list of hotels and
mapserver has to display a map with the specific extension to show the
point of the hotel (to look for the hotel in the map, to show it centred
and with a suitable zoom).

I can do it sending the extent in the url for every hotel but i don't want
to do that because there are too many hotels.
I need to know if mapserver can show the same layer defined in the mapfile
but with a different extent depending on the select hotel.? How can I do
that?

I'm using mapserver-4.4.1, php_mapscript, postgresql and postgis in suse9.1
Thanks for your help.