MrSid questions

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 9 16:49:28 EDT 2005

On 6/9/05, Christopher R. Thorne <christhorne at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have a MrSID file and of course I would like to add it to a mapfile. I
>   am using ms4w and of course MrSID is not configured to be read. I have
> been doing some research on the archives or gdal and mapserver. Here is
> what I know or think I know.
>
> you must get a licenses to read a MrSID file, which I read here
> (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/frmt_mrsid.html)
>
> I was wondering if someone could give me some more information on what
> would be involved in adding a MrSid file to a mapserver app. I don't
> normally use rasters or building my own windows binaries, or linux
> compiling for that matter. :)

Chris,

I thnk if you dig into the MS4W mailing list archive you can find
an email from me about about MrSID support.  Basically I build
a MrSID "plugin" for MS4W's version of GDAL that should allow
you to use MrSID files.  You will still need to download the MrSID
DLLs from the Lizardtech web site yourself.

Let me know if you run into problems.

Best regards,