Queryfile and Savequery CGI Help

David Stajan dls at INFORMGIS.COM
Fri Jun 10 12:25:29 EDT 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:36:40 +0000, Richard Greenwood
<richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>David <dls <at> INFORMGIS.COM> writes:
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm trying to use CGI mapserver and have run into some confusion about
the
>> queryfile and savequery parameters.  The cgi reference manual says that
>> you can use the queryfile parameter within a Browse mode to have your
>> selection stay highlighted while you zoom/pan after performing the
initial
>> query.
>
>In your initial query, set savequery=true. This will save the in your temp
>directory with a unique (and rather long) name. Then on subsequent
queries set
>queryfile=/path/to/unique_long_name.qy
>
>An example is at:
>   http://www2.tetonwyo.org/mapserver
>Start out with a property search for 'smith' and then watch what happens
on the
>address bar.
>
>Rich

Thanks for the response Richard.  I have the queryfile working and it is
saving the the selected feature but the problem I'm having is that it's
returning the layer's query template when I pan or zoom after the initial
query.  What do I need to do to interact with the map after the query and
still have the selection higlighted on the map image(using the the
queryfile) but not trigger the query template to show up.  The
documentation suggests that using a Browse mode will just produce the map
image but thats not happening in my app.   Am I missing something?  I see
that it works well in your example.

Thanks,
DaviD