PhpMapScript vs MapFile

bino_oetomo bino at INDOAKSES-ONLINE.COM
Tue Jun 14 21:16:16 EDT 2005

Hi Jacob,
Thanks for your enlightment.
Means a lot for me.

Regards
-bino-
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jacob Delfos
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PhpMapScript vs MapFile

  Bino,

  Yes, but it's quite a pain to define the styles and classes, as I found out today......

  This is the approach using (for point files), which seems to work:

  $datasetlayer = ms_newLayerObj( $oMap );
  $datasetlayer->set( "name", "dataset" );
  $datasetlayer->set( "type", $oLayer->type);
  $datasetlayer->set( "status", MS_ON );
  $datasetlayer->set( "data", "datasetShapefile");
  $datasetlayer->set( "template", "ttt" );
  $datasetlayer->set( "tolerance", 5 );
  $datasetlayer->set( "toleranceunits", MS_PIXELS);
  $datasetlayer->setProjection($mapprojection);
  $queryclass = ms_newClassObj($datasetlayer);
  $queryclass->set("name", "Query result");
  $queryclass->set("status", MS_ON);
  $style = ms_newStyleObj($queryclass);

  $symbolid = ms_newSymbolObj($oMap, "circle");
  $oSymbol = $oMap->getsymbolobjectbyid($symbolid);
  $oSymbol->setpoints(Array(1,1));
  $oSymbol->set("filled",MS_TRUE);
  $oSymbol->set("inmapfile", MS_TRUE);

  $style->color->setRGB(255, 255, 0);
  $style->set("symbolname", "circle");
  $style->set("size", "8");

  You should be able to figure it out based on the docs:
  http://www.maptools.org/php_mapscript/index.phtml?page=php_mapscript_docs44.txt

  regards,

  Jacob