Multiple Point Layers in MS 4.4.2.

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Jun 15 09:17:20 EDT 2005

Ryan,

Are the two layers in the same projection?  If they won't show at the same time, one possibility is that they are in different projections.

David.

David Fawcett
Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance
david.fawcett at moea.state.mn.us
651.215.0200

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Owens, Ryan J NWD02 CONTRACTOR
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 5:56 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Multiple Point Layers in MS 4.4.2.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for responding.  A Minnesotan!  I'm originally from the TC.

I have a shape file that is strictly points on a map.  The points are
specific data collection points that we have on a river we watch over.  Then,
I have an Oracle Spatial connection to a database that does a query for boat
ramps on the same river.  Each point represents a specific boat ramp.  Many
points overlap each other when "zoomed" out.  I'm sure if I were to zoom in
on the map, the points would be spread out further.

Both function separately, but one of the point layers needs to be commented
out in order for the other to work.  They both will not show up at the same
time.

Does this help?

Thanks again.  Would the code help?
Ryan