postgis using COLLECT() in layer data...

John Cole john.cole at UAI.COM
Wed Jun 15 11:44:11 EDT 2005

Hello,
  I'm trying to un-clutter street labels by using a COLLECT() and grouping
on the street name, but I'm running into a problem getting MapServer 4.4 to
work with the data line.

Here is my layer

	LAYER
		NAME Highways_anno
		STATUS default
		GROUP roads
		CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
		CONNECTION "user=mapserver password=mapserver
dbname=florence host=localhost"
		DATA "the_geom from (select collect(the_geom) as the_geom,
rd_name from tgr_roads group by rd_name) AS new_table USING UNIQUE rd_name
USING SRID=-1"
		TYPE annotation
		LABELITEM "rd_name"
		MAXSCALE 12000

		CLASS
			LABEL
				COLOR 0 0 0
				TYPE TRUETYPE
				ANGLE AUTO
				FONT arial
				SIZE 8
				ANTIALIAS TRUE
				POSITION CC
				MINDISTANCE 10
				BUFFER 5
			END
		END
	END

The query returns, but no labels are drawn.  Using a DATA "the_geom from
tgr_roads" does draw labels.

What am I doing wrong? :-)

Thanks,

John Cole