RES: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] [PHP MapScript] Problem with ms_newShapefileObj and path with special characters

Murilo Lacerda Yoshida murilo.yoshida at AGX.COM.BR
Fri Jun 17 10:36:50 EDT 2005

  Sorry, I forgot to put the quotes on the example ..
  You tested the cration with this name
("Hiro´s_TestTeste(blablabla:)_)datatesteShapeFile"), right?
  Please try with this name ("testeShapeFile") in the path
("/home/test/Hiro´s_Test/Teste(blablabla:)_)/data"). You'll have to
escape the parenthesis to create the path.
  The problem I had wasn't on the shapefile name, was in the path to it.
  Thanks,
     Murilo

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Julien-Samuel Lacroix [mailto:jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 17 de junho de 2005 10:53
Para: Murilo Lacerda Yoshida
Cc: MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu
Assunto: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] [PHP MapScript] Problem with
ms_newShapefileObj and path with special characters

Hi,

I tried to create a shapefile and it work in PHP MapScript and it
worked.

ms_newShapefileObj("/home/test/Hiro´s_TestTeste(blablabla:)_)datatesteS
hapeFile",MS_SHP_POLYGON);

Note that I added the opening and closing quotes and that this path
(/home/test/) is an existing path where the webserver as the right to
write.

Julien

On 06/16/2005 07:18 PM, Murilo Lacerda Yoshida wrote:
>   Hi all,
>   I tried to create a shapefile using a path with special characters
in
> a linux system, all escaped by backslashes (\).
>   The problem is that the ms_newShapefileObj function doesn't appear
> work with this kind of path ... I tried to create a regular file using
> the same path and the same name as the failed shapefile in a terminal,
> and it worked fine.
>   Is it a bug? Did somebody had this problem?
>   Example:

ms_newShapefileObj(/teste/mapas/btg/Hiro´s_Test/Teste\(blablabla:\)_\)/d

Julien-Samuel Lacroix            jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
DM Solutions Group               http://www.dmsolutions.ca/