mapscript/java errors

orkun temiz at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Mon Jun 20 07:56:52 EDT 2005

Umberto Nicoletti wrote:

>you should find a libmapscript.so in mapscript/java.
>
>Try to run the tests with
>
>make test
>
>Regards,
>Umberto
>
>On 6/20/05, orkun <temiz at deprem.gov.tr> wrote:
>

>>Umberto Nicoletti wrote:
>>

>>>You need to compile mapserver first and then cd to mapscript/java. You
>>>should try to run
>>>
>>>make interface
>>>
>>>before running make  in mapscript/java as it will generate/update the
>>>swig-generated interface files. You need a very recent version of swig
>>>to run make interface.
>>>
>>>I have not tried mapserver 4.6 yet so there might be unresolved issues
>>>with java maspcript that I am not aware of.
>>>
>>>HTH,
>>>Umberto

>>hello
>>
>>with make interface, it produced so many *.java files in
>>
>>../mapscript/java/edu/umn/gis/mapscript/  directory.
>>
>>not a compiled library as in phpmapscript.so ?
>>
>>Is there anything as next step ?
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Ahmet
>>

>>______________________________________
>>XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
>>Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
>>______________________________________
>>The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
>>and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
>>of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.
>>
>>Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
>>B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.

thank you again

$ make test
javac -classpath ./:examples/:./mapscript.jar -d examples/ examples/*.java
java -classpath ./:examples/:./mapscript.jar -Djava.library.path=.
DumpShp ../../tests/point.shp
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no mapscript in java.library.path
make: *** [test] Error 255

regards

XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr