Trouble with displaying projected shapefile

Hoeven, Maarten van der Maarten.van.der.Hoeven at KNMI.NL
Tue Jun 21 15:09:18 EDT 2005

When you know what to look at, things are soooooo obvious. Thanks Ethan, the UNITS was wrong. It is working like a charm now.

Regards,
Maarten

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Ethan Alpert
Sent: Tue 6/21/2005 7:45 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Trouble with displaying projected shapefile

Do you pass the layer name in the URL (&layers=world_eca)? The status of
your layer is ON this means it's only displayed if requested. Change it
to DEFAULT if you want it displayed regardless of whether you ask for
it. The only other thing I notice is that you pass Decimal Degrees
Extents but say the UNITS are METERS in your mapfile. I'm sure this is
being interpreted wrong. Do a shpdump on the shapfile and use the "File
Bounds" listed as your extents.

-e