Single Layer (CGI) call for Legend CHIP

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Jun 22 14:01:29 EDT 2005

Bob,

have a look at the WMS GetLegendGraphic request. It comes with a parameter
LAYER to specify the layer desired.

Probably something like (by head):

mapserv.exe?map=/mymap.map&service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetLegendGraphic&format=image/png&layer=mylayer

This needs Mapserver 4.4 or later.

If you want separate images for each class in the layer, also specify the
Rule parameter in the GetLegendGraphic request with a reference to the
CLASS NAME you want.

Best regards,
Bart