Plot 'free' text on a map

Sun Jun 26 14:54:49 EDT 2005

Hoeven, Maarten van der wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> using Mapserver 4.6.0, PHP Mapscript: is it possible to write text to a map? I.e., not connected to any shape,layer, whatsoever, but just something like plotting a text-string somehwere on the map, for example a title in the top of the map, and a copyright/datestamp at the bottom of the map.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks for all your previous help; most helpful!

Here is the layer I use, should work for any label in pixel x,y, you'll
have to figure out how to place it in map x,y:

   LAYER
     NAME "copyright"
     STATUS DEFAULT
     TYPE POINT
     TRANSFORM OFF
     FEATURE
       POINTS
         0 1
       END
     END
     CLASS
       COLOR 0 0 0
       TEXT "Copyright © 2005, Stephen Woodbridge"
       LABEL
         TYPE TRUETYPE
         FONT "arial"
         SIZE 7