FILTER on an OGR layer (Real column), spaces

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Tue Jun 28 08:47:47 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I have just struggled for the last couple of hours on the following, so I am posting it so maybe someday somebody will benefit from this info.

I have a MapInfo TAB file in Mapserver using OGR access. This has a Real column (Bouw_loc) on which I wanted to filter my Mapserver LAYER:

OGRFeature(bouw_loc):3771
  Bouw_loc (Real) =         3771
  Xcoord (Real) =  73921
  Ycoord (Real) = 446310
  Style = SYMBOL(a:0,c:#000000,s:12pt,id:"mapinfo-sym-35.ogr-sym-10")
  POINT (73921 446310)

But using:

    FILTER "3771"
    FILTERITEM "Bouw_loc"

does not select anything. I needed to add the spaces in front so:

    FILTER "        3771"
    FILTERITEM "Bouw_loc"

works.

Would be nice if those values would be treated as Real values by Mapserver/OGR, but I can work around this for now.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions