GRIDS and Graticule

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Tue Jun 28 09:51:42 EDT 2005

François,

  Here's the documentation explanation, along with some of my notes on the
parameters:

MINARCS [double]
The minimum number of arcs to draw.
The minimum number of graticule lines to draw on the map.  Use this
parameter to get more lines.

MAXARCS [double]
The maximum number of arcs to draw.
The maximum number of graticule lines to draw on the map.  Use this
parameter to get fewer lines.

MININTERVAL [double]
The minimum number of intervals to try to use. The distance between the
lines, in map units.

MAXINTERVAL [double]
The maximum number of intervals to try to use.  The distance between the
lines, in map units.

MINSUBDIVIDE [double]
The minimum number of segments to use when rendering an arc.   If the lines
should be very curved, increase this number to smooth the lines.

MAXSUBDIVIDE [double]
The maximum number of segments to use when rendering an arc.   If the
graticule should be very straight, use a small number to minimize the number
of points for faster rendering.

Brent Fraser