Transparent hatch patterns inMapServer

Gambin Dejan Dejan.Gambin at PULA.HR
Mon May 2 06:03:52 EDT 2005

Well I have to admit I didn't find the answer in this document. I can
get hatch patterns shown well. For example I have used the symbol

SYMBOL
  NAME 'fill45'
  TYPE VECTOR
  POINTS
    0 5
    5 0
  END
END

and the class element:

CLASS
  COLOR 0 255 0
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 255 0
  SYMBOL 'fill45'
END

and I get green lines hatch pattern, but the space between the line is
filled with white colour, it is not transparent ie I can't see my tiff
that is below. Am I missing something? It is written at the end of the
document something about the current problems/issues that open symbols
are rendered incorrectly? Is it related?

Thanks very much

Dejan