Easiest OS

Andy Canfield andy.canfield at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 2 10:43:04 EDT 2005

So far I have only set it up on Windows but I want to set it up at home now
on my home server. The only preferences I have is that it not be a Windows
OS, it must be able to run Tomcat as well as Apache, and it must be able to
compile the PHP/Mapscript version of Mapserver. Does this filter it down at
all to a certain distro?

I had considered Sun Solaris 10 but so far I have heard virtually no
feedback on how well Mapserver runs on Solaris 10.